Cosmetic dentistry is increasing in popularity as cosmetic treatments are more natural and durable than ever before. Dentists like Dr. Nelson Kanning in Lawson, MO are able to preserve more of the natural tooth structure when providing cosmetic treatments, creating long-lasting and visually enhanced results.
Popular Cosmetic Treatment Options
The most popular cosmetic trends are:
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are made of composite or porcelain laminates that are placed over damaged, chipped or crooked teeth using a bonded adhesive. If you have been unsuccessful with teeth whitening, porcelain veneers are another alternative.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is the most popular and most commonly recommended cosmetic treatment. Discoloration or stains due to normal eating and drinking habits can ruin the enamel on your teeth and leave you with a less than appealing smile.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants replace missing teeth; this is a surgical procedure that replaces tooth roots with a metal screw-like post.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding is used to restore chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth. A composite material that looks like enamel is applied to the surface of a tooth or cavity and then shaped.
- Inlays/Onlays: Inlays and Onlays are fillings made of composite or porcelain materials. They are used on teeth that are decayed or have structural damage.
- Smile Makeover: Smile makeovers involve more than one cosmetic procedure. The dentist may have to use a combination of cosmetic procedures such as veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: Full Mouth Reconstruction is used to correct functional problems with your teeth, muscles, bone structure and bite.
Kanning Dental Cosmetic Services
Dr. Kanning offers a full range of cosmetic treatment options to improve your smile and your overall health and appearance. Just some of our cosmetic services include:
- Teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental crowns
- Six Month Smiles
- Smile Makeover
Schedule a Consultation
Whether you need to have a tooth replaced or fixed, or just want to improve your smile, Kanning Dental is here to help you. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment or consultation. We are here to help you with all of your dental needs and concerns.