For tooth replacement, Dr. Nelson Kanning offers mini implants, dental implants and implant secured dentures in his Lawson dentist office. With an over 95% success rate among patients, a dental implant is an ideal way to replace one or more missing teeth as a result of injury, periodontal disease, or natural aging. Dental implants provide the most natural looking and functioning tooth replacement, enabling patients to enjoy a secure and comfortable smile.
We know that implants are a delicate process, and that success depends greatly by beginning with the esthetics of your crown or denture. To properly place the implant, our office is equipped with a state-of-the-art cone beam CT scanner that allows us to plan the placement of your implant with a 3D representation of your actual anatomy. For patients who elect to have a dental implant placed, your CT planned and guided surgery can all take place in the convenience of our office.
The result is a natural and wonderful way to enhance your smile and enable you to enjoy the best quality of life!
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Prevents bone loss and gum recession
- Promotes a healthier, varied diet
- No preparation needed for neighboring teeth
- Enables normal speech
- Secure, stable fit with implant secured dentures
The Dental Implant Process
Dr. Kanning will begin your treatment with a thorough examination and the use of CT technology to plan placement for predictable results. The entire process will take up to six months, depending on how quickly your gum and bone tissues heal and integrate with the implanted post:
- Implantation: The placement of the dental implant is a simple procedure performed in our Lawson dentist office under local anesthesia. It typically takes three to six months for the implant to heal and fully integrate with the jawbone.
- Implant Restoration: In some cases Dr. Kanning can complete the restoration of the tooth implant on the same visit. Other times, he will place a temporary crown or bridge to be worn during the healing process.
Schedule a Consultation
Missing teeth? Schedule a consultation at Kanning Dental in Lawson and learn more about how dental implants can give you back your smile. Kanning Dental accepts new patients from Richmond, Lawson, Lathrop, Kearney, Polo and surrounding Missouri communities.