Dr. Nelson Kanning
A native of Lawson, Missouri, Dr. Nelson Kanning graduated from Lawson High School in 1996. After participating on the University of Kansas football team, “Dr. Nelson”, as he is also known, earned his B.S. at William Jewell College, with an emphasis in Leadership and Biology.
He went on to serve as a trainer, consultant, and capital campaign fundraiser for Sigma Nu Fraternity and William Jewell College before deciding to pursue his lifelong dream: following his father’s (Dr. Larry Kanning) footsteps into the family dentistry practice in Lawson, MO.
Dr. Kanning graduated from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Dentistry, with Endodontic Honors and served as the founding president of the Undergraduate Esthetics Club. He returned to Lawson as he has a heart for rural areas and is committed to offering these communities and his patients state-of-the-art technology and high-level dentistry.
Outside of dentistry, Dr. Kanning enjoys spending time with his best friend and wife Amy, their son Hayes and their daughter Collins. Together they enjoy time in the outdoors- mountain biking, water skiing, camping, but he especially loves perfecting the art of striping his front and back lawns.
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM)
- Dental Oral Conscious Sedation (certified provider)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- American Academy of Sports Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- Spears Study Club
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Charitable Foundation- former President (2016)
- University Study Club- Kansas City